Delano Municipal Utilities would like to welcome you to your local municipal utility.
On this page you will find information about us: who we are, what we do and how we can serve you. We hope you will take a few minutes of your time and read over this welcome page.
It may save you time in the future, and you will be better informed as to the services we offer and what to do in the event of an outage or emergency.
The Delano Municipal Utilities staff works hard to make your move to the Delano community friendly and easy. We only need two-three business days notice to sign you up for service.
• Stop in and let us know who you are and where you are moving or call us at (763) 972-0557.
• A Service Deposit and a service application is required if you rent your residence or commercial space, so please plan on stopping in our office to sign up for service. Deposit amounts vary and we can better serve you in person.
Canceling or Transferring Service
When you need to cancel your service or transfer service to another address please give us two to three business day notice. You may stop by our business office or call and request a transfer of service application form. A forwarding address and phone number is required.
Bill Payment Option
Delano Municipal Utilities offers you several options to pay your bill.
• Mail: Mail your check or money order along with your bill stub. Please allow 3 business days for your payment to reach us. Any payments received after the 27nd of the month are considered late and a late penalty will be charged to your account.
• Business Office: Stop by our business office with your payment and the utility bill. We also have a convenient drop box located on the outside of the business office to the right of the front door.
• Automatic Bill Pay: Also referred as ACH or Automated Clearing House. Your monthly payment is automatically deducted from a designated checking or savings account. Automatic Bill Pay allows your payment to be automatically deducted from your checking or savings account.
Once you sign up you will receive your statement at your usual billing time, however your bank deducts that amount from your account on the 22nd of each month, not before.
You may cancel Automatic Bill Pay up to three working days before the funds are scheduled to transfer from your account.
To sign-up for Automatic Bill Pay:
• Fill out Automatic bill pay form.
• Attach a Voided Check to the application form.
• Return both the application form and the voided check to Delano Municipal Utilities.
We offer no hassle electric rates. Winter? Summer? Does’t matter, you pay one flat rate all year round.
Water rates are also easy to understand.
Select this link to view DMU Rates page.
As a convenience to our customers we bill sanitary sewer and storm sewer fees for the City of Delano.
Select this link to view DMU Outage page.
Reporting an Outage or Emergency
Select this link to view DMU Outage page.
If you experience an electrical outage in your home, check your fuse box or breaker for a blown fuse or tripped breaker. Also check to see if your neighbors’ electricity is out as well.
To report outages contact us at (763) 972-0557.
When reporting an outage please give us your name and address. Let us know if you seen or heard any unusual noise such as a loud boom or a fallen tree. This information could help us restore power to your home quickly.
Severe outages may take us longer to restore your power. Critical conditions such as a downed power line are repaired first. We recommend you stay prepared and have the following items handy to handle emergencies:
• Battery powered radio
• Flashlights and backup batteries
• Battery powered clock
To report a street light that is out, call our office during regular business hours (763) 972-0557. After business hours contact us at the same number and leave a message. Please provide us with street location and/or intersection and we will repair the light as soon as possible.
Property owner’s responsibility: Water service lines are owned and maintained by the property owner, from and including the connection at the water main to the home or business which also includes the water service gate valve. Although the repair or replacement of the service line is the responsibility of the property owner, please give Delano Municipal Utilities a call at (763) 972-0557 should you need assistance in determining if and where the service is leaking.
Common Water Questions and Restrictions
The most frequently asked question by new customers involves the hardness of the water and how to set water softeners. The average hardness of the water is 28grains.
At times Delano Municipal Utilities will test hydrant flows or repair water mains and will need to temporarily shut off water in your area. Delano Municipal Utilities will attempt to take all the necessary steps to contact you before we shut off the water so that you may prepare for the outage.
If you are without water but do not notice utility work in progress, please contact us at (763) 972-0557.